Seriously, the country needs help. These shows are just distractions, and bad, cheap TV. AVOID THEM PEOPLE.
In a battle of TV talent battles, MasterChef is beating X Factor when it comes to eyes on screens.
According to last night’s ratings from Nielson, One’s MasterChef managed to draw over 508,000 viewers, and X Factor, on rival network TV3, pulled in about 454,000.
Last night’s MasterChef saw the show’s toughest challenge yet with contestants asked to cook a turduckenqua – the centuries old practice of roasting a quail inside a chicken inside a duck inside a turkey.
X-Factor on the other hand, two episodes deep, had the formulaic singing contest structure down pat, wrote entertainment columnist Jule Scherer.
“Start off with somebody great, dip into the not so talented, have a couple of highlights and end with a real tear-jerker,” she wrote.
“It might be predictable, but it works – especially when there is a good back story.”
Wrapping up with a tragic tale was enough to detract from the “karaoke-gig” feel of the performance, with the judges even breaking down.
Wow. They really have to lose the fantasy musical numbers. Unless Derek has a brain tumour they have just gotten silly.
Smash came back to 4.5 million viewers and a 1.1 rating among adults 18-49. The two-hour premiere was down 71 percent from the show’s debut last season and down 47 percent from NBC’s performance average in this time period so far this season. Smash ranked as the night’s lowest-rated show on a major broadcast network.
It was NBC’s second most-watched drama, but “soft” in the younger demo……
8.8 million viewers. And even though it was a little too fantastical for my tastes, (right would win), it seems so foul that NBC cancelled their second most viewed drama because the advertisers don’t care for older viewers so they dumped it. Gods, it was one of the few shows of TV to feature more than one character over 40. Sad news.
NO SURPRISE HERE. WE ALL WATCH WHEN WE WANT. I AM ALSO SO TIRED OF THESE ENDLES MSM CHEERLEADERS FOR SKYTV AND THE SHIT SERVICE THEY PROVIDE.
While primetime viewership is down, nearly a fifth of the network’s audience is now watching its content online, and it is getting paid handsomely by Netflix and Hulu.
The CW, co-owned by Time Warner and CBS Corp., has been more aggressive than its TV network peers about catering to its younger target audience by making content available online, including on its own Web site and via deals with Netflix and Hulu. The network has shifted its focus on purpose to reach its target audience and push advertisers to buy ads online and on TV in package deals.
But the Wall Street Journal reported that the CW has to walk a fine line to avoid hurting its traditional core business as upfront advertising season approaches.
Nearly a fifth of the audience of the CW is now watching its shows online, twice the percentage that did so a year ago, the Journal reported, citing network data. But its average regular TV primetime audience has fallen 14 percent to 1.8 million, it said, citing Nielsen data.
These audience trends are a case of good news-bad news as some TV stations have expressed ratings concerns, and the online availability is seen as possibly encouraging pay TV cord cutting, according to the report.
The CW recently started putting shows online the day after a new episode airs instead of waiting three days as it had previously done. While some TV station affiliates supported the change, others have expressed concern.
“This should raise the hair on the back of all affiliates,” Doug Gealy, CEO of Acme Communications, which used to on several CW stations, but is now down to one, told the Journal. “The bottom line is that they have to have television stations to reach enough viewers to make their business viable.”
HBO was crowned king of the ratings Sunday night, as Game of Thrones kicked off its second season with record numbers.
The fantasy drama’s much-hyped premiere attracted 3.9 million viewers, its largest audience to date and a 53 percent increase over the show’s Season 1 average.
With Sunday’s encores factored in, Thrones reached a gross audience of 6.3 million viewers on Sunday.
- John Kendrick, The Conservationist Who Initiated And Recorded The Bird Calls For Radio New Zealand Has Died.WATCH - The 'Prancercise' Lady Stars in John Mayer's New Video.WATCH - Cher Performs 'Woman's World' On 'The Voice' finale.WATCH - William S. Burroughs - 'Junkie'.WATCH - 'Sexploitation' - Does Sex Ed Work?
- ChrisDRHSteve GrayJohn Parkersamuel daniel
- LEARN - Why No Torrents Of 'The Name Of The Doctor' Have Appeared?UPDATE - The 'Doctor Who' Finale Has NOT Leaked.In Defence Of Anne Rice And Her Facebook 'Fans'.Gay Publisher Norm Kent Likes Food And Sports But Not Adam Lambert.BREAKING - 'Old Dogs And New Tricks' Loses Lead Actor With Ryland Shelton Suddenly Quitting The Show.
- In Defence Of Anne Rice And Her Facebook 'Fans'.LEARN - Why No Torrents Of 'The Name Of The Doctor' Have Appeared?UPDATE - The 'Doctor Who' Finale Has NOT Leaked.Scribe Wants Answers In Jesse Ryder Street Bashing - 'No-One Gets Attacked In Christchurch For No Reason'.LEARN - April Chadwell Has NOT Been Put Up For Adoption For Being Gay By Her Christian Parents.
- adam lambert
- closet case
- Doctor Who
- glee season 2
- glee season 3
- lady gaga
- music video
- my boyfriend
- New Zealand
- season 2
- true blood
- Chris on Opera Singer Chase Douglas Offers $500 In Exchange For Expunged Record Of Three Nasty Assault Charges.
- DRH on WATCH – “The Church Doesn’t Like the People to Grow Up.” – Bishop John Shelby Spong.
- Steve Gray on NEIL PATRICK HARRIS – Enough Of Nasty, Child Hating, Flat Singing, Prick Hosting The Tony Awards.
- John Parker on NEIL PATRICK HARRIS – Enough Of Nasty, Child Hating, Flat Singing, Prick Hosting The Tony Awards.
- samuel daniel on So, Osama Bin Laden Is Dead, Nothing Changes But Yanks Go Nuts.
- LOOK – Kiwi Olympic Speed Skater Blake Skjellerup Still Standing Up For Russian Gays. | the real STEVE GRAY on Can Johnny Weir Shut The Fuck Up And Stop Enabling Gay Hate In Russia.
- Steve Gray on WATCH – ‘Smash’ Has ‘The Big Finish’.
- funbunn40 on WATCH – ‘Smash’ Has ‘The Big Finish’.
- Steve Gray on ABC Family Spokesperson- “I Have Nothing New To Report” On “Bunheads”.
- Jill on ABC Family Spokesperson- “I Have Nothing New To Report” On “Bunheads”.