go alan moore
WHAT FRANK MILLER SAID……….
Miller, best-known for Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, 300, and Sin City, introduces his post with the words: “Everybody’s been too damned polite about this nonsense” before launching into his tirade.
He writes: “Occupy” is nothing short of a clumsy, poorly-expressed attempt at anarchy, to the extent that the “movement” – HAH! Some “movement”, except if the word “bowel” is attached – is anything more than an ugly fashion statement by a bunch of iPhone, iPad wielding spoiled brats who should stop getting in the way of working people and find jobs for themselves” it reads.
He continues: “Wake up, pond scum. America is at war against a ruthless enemy.”
“In the name of decency, go home to your parents, you losers. Go back to your mommas’ basements and play with your Lords Of Warcraft. Or better yet, enlist for the real thing. Maybe our military could whip some of you into shape.
They might not let you babies keep your iPhones, though. Try to soldier on.”
AND ALAN MOORE RESPONDS………..
With the Occupy movement, it seems you and Frank Miller have conflicting views. Would you say that he’s against it and you’re for it?
Well, Frank Miller is someone whose work I’ve barely looked at for the past twenty years. I thought the Sin City stuff was unreconstructed misogyny, 300 appeared to be wildly ahistoric, homophobic and just completely misguided. I think that there has probably been a rather unpleasant sensibility apparent in Frank Miller’s work for quite a long time. Since I don’t have anything to do with the comics industry, I don’t have anything to do with the people in it. I heard about the latest outpourings regarding the Occupy movement. It’s about what I’d expect from him. It’s always seemed to me that the majority of the comics field, if you had to place them politically, you’d have to say centre-right. That would be as far towards the liberal end of the spectrum as they would go. I’ve never been in any way, I don’t even know if I’m centre-left. I’ve been outspoken about that since the beginning of my career. So yes I think it would be fair to say that me and Frank Miller have diametrically opposing views upon all sorts of things, but certainly upon the Occupy movement.
“[The Occupy movement] is a completely justified howl of moral outrage and it seems to be handled in a very intelligent, non-violent way, which is probably another reason why Frank Miller would be less than pleased with it. I’m sure if it had been a bunch of young, sociopathic vigilantes with Batman make-up on their faces, he’d be more in favour of it.”
As far as I can see, the Occupy movement is just ordinary people reclaiming rights which should always have been theirs. I can’t think of any reason why as a population we should be expected to stand by and see a gross reduction in the living standards of ourselves and our kids, possibly for generations, when the people who have got us into this have been rewarded for it; they’ve certainly not been punished in any way because they’re too big to fail. I think that the Occupy movement is, in one sense, the public saying that they should be the ones to decide who’s too big to fail. It’s a completely justified howl of moral outrage and it seems to be handled in a very intelligent, non-violent way, which is probably another reason why Frank Miller would be less than pleased with it. I’m sure if it had been a bunch of young, sociopathic vigilantes with Batman make-up on their faces, he’d be more in favour of it. We would definitely have to agree to differ on that one.
ANOTHER REASON TO ADORE ALAN MOORE SO MUCH. AND HE KNOWS THE SCORE.
- WATCH - '(I Wanna) Channing All Over Your Tatum' - Official Music Video.WATCH - 'ANCHORMAN 2: THE LEGEND CONTINUES' Trailer.WATCH - 89 Year Old Lip Syncs For Her Life.HEAR - Racial Profiling Is Alive And Well And Some Real Nasty Shit.Western Black Rhino Declared Extinct.
- ChrisDRHSteve GrayJohn Parkersamuel daniel
- LEARN - Why No Torrents Of 'The Name Of The Doctor' Have Appeared?UPDATE - The 'Doctor Who' Finale Has NOT Leaked.In Defence Of Anne Rice And Her Facebook 'Fans'.Gay Publisher Norm Kent Likes Food And Sports But Not Adam Lambert.BREAKING - 'Old Dogs And New Tricks' Loses Lead Actor With Ryland Shelton Suddenly Quitting The Show.
- In Defence Of Anne Rice And Her Facebook 'Fans'.LEARN - Why No Torrents Of 'The Name Of The Doctor' Have Appeared?UPDATE - The 'Doctor Who' Finale Has NOT Leaked.Scribe Wants Answers In Jesse Ryder Street Bashing - 'No-One Gets Attacked In Christchurch For No Reason'.LEARN - April Chadwell Has NOT Been Put Up For Adoption For Being Gay By Her Christian Parents.
- adam lambert
- closet case
- Doctor Who
- glee season 2
- glee season 3
- lady gaga
- music video
- my boyfriend
- New Zealand
- season 2
- true blood
- Chris on Opera Singer Chase Douglas Offers $500 In Exchange For Expunged Record Of Three Nasty Assault Charges.
- DRH on WATCH – “The Church Doesn’t Like the People to Grow Up.” – Bishop John Shelby Spong.
- Steve Gray on NEIL PATRICK HARRIS – Enough Of Nasty, Child Hating, Flat Singing, Prick Hosting The Tony Awards.
- John Parker on NEIL PATRICK HARRIS – Enough Of Nasty, Child Hating, Flat Singing, Prick Hosting The Tony Awards.
- samuel daniel on So, Osama Bin Laden Is Dead, Nothing Changes But Yanks Go Nuts.
- LOOK – Kiwi Olympic Speed Skater Blake Skjellerup Still Standing Up For Russian Gays. | the real STEVE GRAY on Can Johnny Weir Shut The Fuck Up And Stop Enabling Gay Hate In Russia.
- Steve Gray on WATCH – ‘Smash’ Has ‘The Big Finish’.
- funbunn40 on WATCH – ‘Smash’ Has ‘The Big Finish’.
- Steve Gray on ABC Family Spokesperson- “I Have Nothing New To Report” On “Bunheads”.
- Jill on ABC Family Spokesperson- “I Have Nothing New To Report” On “Bunheads”.